How to Use SIC and NAICS Codes
Customers can use Industry Classifications in several key use cases to better understand their existing customer relationships, target the best segments for new opportunities, and drive more profitable growth by aligning specialize resources directly to key industry segments.
Data.com customers can use additional tools from Salesforce.com (including Analytics Cloud and Reports) to help profile existing customer relationships and define optimal territories for resource deployment.
Once the profiles of the best customers and target markets for growth are defined, the criteria can be used in Data.com Prospector to find the best targets for establishing new, profitable relationships.
Examples of SIC/NAICS Usage
- Know Customers Better - Link account information across multiple departments/business units to accurately
- Identify most profitable customer types
- Improve reporting and analytics
- Segment verticals and target the right prospects
- Find upsell, cross sell and white space opportunities
- Build and maintain equitable sales territories.
Did you find this article helpful?