Sales teams should spend time selling, not arguing over new lead distribution or territory assignments. However, this can be an incredibly important resource optimization exercise for a company and a source of growth. Territory assignments and lead distribution are streamlined with the addition of enhanced data elements to keep the balance in check. Define territories equitably using:
- Industry Type - SIC/NAICS
- Company Revenue
- Employee Count
- Corporate Linkage
- Or other criteria all without the risk of duplicates.
Examples of Data-Driven Territory Alignment
Sales teams focus on the right types of prospects within well-defined territories to accelerate the close.
- Reduce cost of sales and channel conflict by defining territories on new and existing opportunities.
- Assign sales and service resources more appropriately to increase retention and drive cross-sell/upsell opportunities.
- Ensure commission alignment tied to specific customers by corporate families.
- Reduce duplication of resources servicing multiple locations that belong to same Parent corporation.
- Develop a better understanding of revenue sources and market opportunities to optimize sales resource allocation. Know how many prospects with similar attributes to best customers are located in each geography.
- Gain and maintain an accurate view of accounts’ buying centers and corporate relationships. Target the right purchasing location for your customers and prospects.
Did you find this article helpful?